Thrive in the New Normal
All In This Together Membership Drive
Our small businesses are the cornerstone of our society, providing personal prosperity, enhancing quality of life, and creating a sense of community. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Chamber membership is more important than ever. As a facilitator, advocate, and solution-finder the Chamber is working to ensure the success of all our small businesses. We are here for you in your time of need.
Our goal is not only to make sure that small businesses in Amherst, Belchertown, Hadley, Leverett, Pelham, Shutesbury, and Sunderland not only survive this dual public health and economic crisis but thrive thereafter. We are stronger when we come together and support one another, therefore, we invite you to join the Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce family. Together we can create a more resilient and sustainable economy.
For that reason, we are extending membership to any business, shop, store, or non-profit in the Amherst area. Contact us to find an option that works for you. Will you join us?
COVID-19 Response Feedback
The support we've received from the Amherst Chamber of Commerce and Amherst BID has always been great, but the support we've received during the Covid-19 crisis has been overwhelming. The Virtual Tip Jar, postings of open businesses and the Downtown Amherst Foundation have all shown your commitment to Amherst businesses and individuals. This money will help to pay our suppliers and back rent and to keep moving forward.
When we opened our doors 14 years ago, we did so with the intention of sharing some of our favorite foods to a community we were new to. Over the years, you all welcomed us with love and this community became our family and we are tremendously grateful for the support that our family members have shown us during these trying times. Even though our doors are not open now, we will always have a table ready for you when they are.
Congratulations to the Amherst Area Chamber for quickly adapting to a new way of communicating with their members during COVID 19. You have helped us stay connected and informed - although we miss the in-person events, we deeply appreciate the weekly newsletters and virtual events that have kept us in touch and in the know. You didn’t miss a beat re-organizing to best meet the needs of your members during this difficult time, thank you!
Regarding the Relief & Resiliency Microgrant Program: Just five minutes before (receiving word of the grant), I was on a phone call discussing if Matt’s Barber Shop was going to make it or break it. The grant helps me think we’re going to make it. Thank you so much Amherst.
Thank you! The Leverett Village Co-op joining the Chamber has been a wonderful way to attract more shoppers AND led to our being one of the winners of the WRSI advertising contest. So exciting! The post you shared on Facebook got about ten times more views than our regular posts and business increased after your email. Amazing.
My reason to join the Chamber: I grew up in my Long Island family business, with my parents and me always a part of how the chamber builds the community. So it felt natural to belong to the Amherst Area Chamber when I ran the Family Business Center, and now as an independent consultant, It takes a village to make a village, and I am part of that village. I enjoy the events, and it’s an easy way to build valuable relationships, and feel more part of the backbone of the town, And it’s so like life: you get out of it what you put in.
The Power of Membership
- Member-to-Member Support & Referral Network: Being part of Chamber means being part of a community of business leaders and decision-makers who seek to work together to build business and build community.
- Marketing & Promotion: Through traditional (print, radio, public television) and digital marketing strategies including SEO optimization of the Chamber website and Membership Directory the Chamber gets your name out there and increases your impact (depth) and exposure (breath). Weekly Newsletter & at least twice weekly COVID-19 updates
- Webinars & Workshops: Free or Member Pricing We also can provide one-on-one consultation services with the Chamber staff, through monthly office hours with the Massachusetts Small Business Development Center staff (MSBDC), Valley Community Development small business development team, our local SCORE Chapter.
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities: From the Launching Women Luncheon Series to Sessions with Downtown Mindfulness and Diversity and Inclusion Workshop, the Chamber offers relevant training to cultivate personal and professional growth.
- Programing & Events: Free or Member Pricing for leadership development, technical, and educational programing.
- Government Affairs & Policy Advocacy: The Chamber leverages working relationships with local and state officials in our community, contact in or federal delegation, agencies, media contacts and community groups to bring about positive change that builds business and builds community. The Chamber also convenes critical conversation around issues and identifies policy priorities examples include our Annual Legislative Breakfast with noteworthy speakers, Economic Development Forum, Housing and Economic Development Forum.
- Tourism: The Chamber tells the story of the Amherst area attracting tourism through the Hampshire County Regional Tourism Council partnership with the Northampton and Easthampton Chambers to produce Visit Hampshire County! guides, website, and social media channels and Downtown Amherst Visitor’s Information Center.
Building Business. Building Community.
The Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce is first and foremost a membership organization comprised of 365+ local businesses and non-profits.
Whether you need assistance navigating systems, are seeking a letter of support for a project, or advocating for policy change at the local or state level, you will always have an advocate in the Amherst Area Chamber. Your Chamber staff and Government Affairs & Policy Advocacy Committee are informed, engaged, advocating for economic development, and representing your interests. We are in the room and at the table. The Chamber proposes policy, advises officials and stakeholders at every level, and weighs in on proposed legislation and regulations. We are in your corner, fighting for you.
Value of Membership
Membership dues are a commitment to and investment in the Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce. Dues enable us to fulfill our mission. Get started with the free "All In This Together" Membership and try the Chamber for a quarter. To learn more, call Executive Director Claudia Pazmany at 413-253-0700.
- Any Business with 75 or Fewer Employees including all Restaurants.
- Quarterly Reduced Auto Pay Rate - $92.50
- Monthly Reduced Auto Pay Rate - $31.66
- Independent Contractor or Sole Proprietorship. Single Owner/Employee.
- Monthly Reduced Auto Pay Rate - $26
- Recognized 501c3 Non-Profit Organizations
- Municipalities (Cities or Towns) and Community Organizations
Large General Business
- 75+ Employees
- Quarterly Reduced Auto Pay Rate - $190
- Monthly Reduced Auto Pay Rate - $64
Banking Institution or University/College
- Please Contact Chamber Directly for Details.