Gift Card Program
Amherst Area Gift Card Program
Welcome and thank you for supporting local!
Experience the Amherst area and support local with the Amherst Area Gift Card. Get a taste of our local ingredients and global flavor, do a little retail therapy, or spend hours exploring our bookstores and museums. Anything is possible with the Amherst Area Gift Card.
These are perfect as gifts for local Amherst Area students, family and friends and make a great local investment. They are even reloadable.
The ideal gift for birthdays, anniversaries, and more!
Already have a gift card, and want to check your balance?
Gift cards can be purchased or reloaded at: (Holiday GC Match Sold ONLY at the Visitors Information Center)
- Visitors Information Center in Downtown Amherst (Office of the Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce & Amherst Business Improvement District)
- The Mill District General Store & Art Gallery in North Amherst
- Greenfield Savings Bank on University Drive in Amherst
Holiday Hours 2023
For in-person purchase during the holiday week, here are several locations and their holiday hours:
- Visitor Information Center, 35 S. Pleasant St., 10:30 -4:00pm on December 21, 22, closed December 23 and OPEN 10:30-2:00pm Saturday, December 24.
- Greenfield Savings Bank, 6 University Drive, 9-4:30pm on December 23 and closed on Saturday, December 24.
- Mill District General Store, 91 Cowls Rd., 10:00-6:00pm on December 21 - 23, Saturday, December 24 8:30-6:00pm.
Thank you for supporting local.
If you would like to place a bulk order for your team or clients, please contact us. Remember there is $1 charge per card and if you are purchasing them as gifts — because they make a great local investment — there is an additional $1 fee if you would like us to mail them directly. They will be mailed with a lovely sleeve and note.
Amherst Area Gift Cards can be redeemed at:
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, merchants may have limited hours or restriction options for in-person sales. Contact merchants directly to confirm hours and card redemption options. Many can accept the card over the phone or online!
Any Chamber or Amherst Business Improvement District (BID) Member can participate in the Amherst Area Gift Card Program. Simply contact Chamber staff to get started.
Gift Card Map
Support local by shopping, eating, and enjoying independent restaurants, shops, and businesses.