Join the Board
Board of Directors Recruitment
The Chamber is actively recruiting Board Members with diverse personal and professional backgrounds such as business leaders that identify as a part of traditionally underrepresented groups including members of the BIPOC, LGBTQ+, veteran, and disability communities.
We are at a critical moment in our regional economy. The future of the Amherst Area Chamber rests with our leadership. Please take the time to apply and help keep the Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce a vital part of the ever-growing Amherst area business community.
The Board of Directors is responsible for the strategic leadership of the Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce including:
- approving the annual budget
- receiving and acting on committee reports and recommendations
- recommendations including committee and award appointments and policy positions
- directing the general activities of the organization to the furtherance of its mission to create, maintain and promote a vital, thriving business climate throughout the Amherst area and to initiate and support the civic, educational, recreational and economic well-being of the Amherst Area
Please direct any questions to Executive Director Claudia Pazmany at email@example.com.
All submissions for nominations to the Board of Directors must be received through this form no later than midnight on November 1, 2021.
Statement of Expectations
What are the expectations of an Amherst Area Board member? Here are the minimum responsibilities:
- A commitment to a three-year term beginning in January
Attendance at monthly Chamber meetings, currently held on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 8:30am – in person beginning in January.
- Serve on at least one committee: Marketing, Finance, Government Affairs, Equity Task Force and/or a Signature Events (A+ Awards, Charity Golf Tournament, Margarita).
- Attendance at Chamber Hosted events, including the A+ Annual Awards in November and the Annual Meeting in January.
- Participate in mentoring and networking opportunities with other businesses.
- Total hours: 6-8 hours/month on average