Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce Calls for 2020 A+ Awards Nominations
-- As part of the annual A+ Awards program, the Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce is calling for nominations of worthy individuals, businesses, and organizations in the Amherst Area that have made a positive difference in the community’s quality of life. All nominations are due by July 1, 2020 and submitted via an online form at amherstarea.com.
Much of this year’s categories capture the changing the spirt of business in the 21st century. The themes are more universal, from those that represent the human experience, to those that capture state-of-the-art innovation and movement. As they have since their inception in 2010, the A+ Awards have and continue to reflect overall, the Chamber’s mission: “To create, maintain, and promote a vital, thriving business climate throughout the Amherst Area; and to initiate and support the civic, education, recreational and economic well-being of the Amherst Area.”
This year’s A+ Awards categories are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes an individual for their outstanding contributions to the Amherst Area over their career and the lasting impact their work will have on future generations.
- Leader in Innovation Award recognizes entrepreneurs who crafts creative solutions and redefine the way Amherst lives, works, and learns.
- Leader in Sustainability Award recognizes a business, organization, or individual for their contribution to creating a sustainable Amherst, preserving and ensuring its vitality for future generations.
- Young Professional Award honors a young professional who has a positive presence in and has made a significant impact in the Amherst Area.
- Community Service Award honors a business, non-profit, or individual which has benefited the lives of the Amherst Area community through their work and outreach.
- Chamber MVP is an individual who truly embodies the mission of the Amherst Area Chamber as a convener, connector, and catalyst for business and community development.
The Annual A+ Awards are presented again this year by PeoplesBank, and are scheduled for Thursday, November 12, 2019 at the Hadley Farms Meeting House.
Individuals or businesses in Amherst, Hadley, Belchertown, Sunderland, Pelham, Leverett and Shutesbury are eligible. Nominations may be submitted online at amherstarea.com
and are DUE NO LATER THAN July 1, 2020.
Please email Claudia Pazmany, Executive Director, for any inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce is to create, maintain and promote a vital, thriving business climate throughout the Amherst area and to initiate and support the civic, educational, recreational and economic well-being of the Amherst Area.
Website: amherstarea.com | Facebook: @AmherstAreaChamberofCommerce | Twitter: AmherstAreaCC