Job SummaryThe Pool Manager plans, directs and coordinates activities at the Town Pools. S/he hires and supervises lifeguards and swim instructors, purchases supplies for pool and concessions, processes time sheet and is in charge of scheduling. This is a seasonal, part-time position.
Supervision ReceivedWorks under the general supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator and LSSE Director who provide direction and guidance, outline departmental policies and areas of responsibility, and procedures.
Supervision ExercisedProvides direct supervision of Lifeguards and Swim Instructors and assists with the recruiting, hiring and training of these employees. Provides mid-season and end of season staff performance evaluations.
- Assists with interviews and hiring recommendations for lifeguards and swim instructors. Plans, coordinates, directs and evaluates the work of the Town pool employees.
- Facilitates regular in-service training for employees.
- Prepares all work schedules for employees and insures that employee time cards are accurate and completed on time.
- Performs chemical analysis and application as required by state regulations and insures that all equipment is functioning properly and reports malfunctions or irregularities immediately to supervisors (outdoor pool only).
- Enforces all pool rules and regulations.
- Documents all incidents, including but not limited to first aid performed, customer concerns, etc.
- Insures that the facility is kept clean and sanitary.
- Insures that the facility is secure at closing time (gates and doors locked)
- Collects and prepares daily receipts for deposit.
- Deals effectively and courteously with the public.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Desired Minimum QualificationsCandidates must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service to the general public. Candidates must also have Red Cross certifications and administrative experience. A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Additionally, candidates must possess current certificates for Lifeguard training, CPR for the Professional and First Aid for the Professional.