SCHOOL YEAR 2019-2020 AQUATICS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Provides coordination, supervision, and program planning for the effective and safe operation of the Department’s Aquatics Program. This position may include evening and weekend work and may involve some irregular hours.
Works under the general supervision of the LSSE Director who provides direction and guidance, outlines departmental policies and areas of responsibility, and procedures.
Provides direct supervision of Pool Managers and is responsible for the recruiting, hiring and training of numerous part-time/seasonal staff for the aquatics programs. Provides mid-season and end of season staff performance evaluations.
1. Helps to facilitate the coordination, program planning, and administration of aquatics program, including but not limited to, aquatic instructional lessons for all ages, open swim, lap swim, etc.
2. Ensures all parents complete program evaluations and then tabulates all results.
3. Assists with the recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of part-time staff and volunteers associated with the program, including but not limited to pool managers.
4. Maintains high standards of safety, and assures compliance with department goals. Assures compliance with local, state and other regulations.
5. Assists with the assessment of program needs and recommends program purchases. Keeps programs stocked with supplies.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
Required aquatic certifications include: current Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, and AED. Must be able to pass CORI screening.
Technical knowledge of swimming pool operations, regulations, recreational program planning and strong organizational skills are required for this position. Computer literacy as well as solid communication and interpersonal skills highly desired. Ability to develop and establish effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies, parents and the general public.
10 – 15 hours per week, September - May. $16.56 - $18.26 per hour.