VentureWell is on a mission to cultivate a pipeline of inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs driven to solve the world’s biggest challenges and create lasting impact. We foster collaboration among the best minds from research labs, classrooms, and beyond to advance innovation and entrepreneurship education and to provide unique opportunities for STEM students and researchers to fully realize their potential to improve the world.
Since our founding in 1995, we’ve supported over 3,000 teams of science and technology inventors and innovators, and nurtured thousands of their startups, reaching millions of people in over 50 countries with ground-breaking technological advancements in fields such as biomedicine and healthcare, sustainable energy and materials, and solutions for low-resource settings.
We are seeking a Graphic Design Manager to lead the organization’s marketing design work and the creation of marketing collateral that tells a story, connects with key audiences, and builds the organization’s reputation as a thought leader in innovation and entrepreneurship. This position is based in our vibrant, contemporary office in the Amherst, MA area.
- Design a variety of creative projects from concept to execution to support the marketing of VentureWell and funder/partner programs. This includes marketing collateral such as print and digital ads, emails, infographics, brochures/flyers, reports, conference logo/signage, presentation templates, websites, and social media images.
- Support content marketing with visually compelling design to effectively advance VentureWell and funder/partner thought leadership.
- Design, format and lay out reports/briefs and related materials (print and digital) to enhance readability, draw the reader into the content, and distinguish VentureWell as a go-to resource and thought leader in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Ensure a creative yet consistent look and feel that adheres to, and supports, the VentureWell brand, visual identity, and messaging. Ensure the same for funder/partner projects.
- Strategically interface and brainstorm with program thought partners and marketing/ communications colleagues regarding the visual display of information; ability to grasp the substance of business issues being communicated and then re-articulate visual options that enhance/clarify audience understanding.
- Exercise judgment and project management skills to balance priorities and communicate to teams to meet project deadlines and commitments; keep internal clients informed of projects and progress.
- Manages freelance design talent as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of graphic design work experience with an in-house design team or similar
- Experience in marketing material preparation from brainstorming to implementation
- Hands-on experience with both digital/web and print
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Proficient in web design languages and techniques
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Comfort with juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to stay up-to-date with the latest design trends and programs
- Formal graphic design education or training, such as bachelor’s degree, or equivalent.
We seek staff who
- Are able to succeed and thrive in an environment with competing and changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Have track records of and the ability to build solid, collaborative working relationships across difference; and are strong team players who enjoy and are committed to “customer service”
- Are committed to embedding equity in our internal practices and culture and our programs in order to achieve and live our mission
- Bring openness and engagement to personal, professional, and organization-wide learning on race, class, gender, justice, and equity
- Are self-starters with strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high quality work
- Are active learners who independently seek new tools and learn work processes quickly
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please submit applications by the close of business on Monday, October 21, 2019.
For more information about working at VentureWell: Join our Team
VentureWell is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) Employer. M/F/D/V
APPLY directly through this link: https://grnh.se/afedb21b2