Ko Festival of Performance
- Artists/ Galleries/ Arts Organizations
Now presenting its 26th summer season in Amherst, the Ko Festival of Performance, is a program of Ko Theater Works, a 501(c)3, tax-exempt arts organization.
Each summer we use the facilities of the Amherst College Department of Theater and Dance to present a 5-week season of original theater works created by the artists who come to Ko to perform them. The festival is curated annually on a theme that we think will be of particular interest to the Pioneer Valley.
Ko seeks out performances by professional theater artists with national and international reputations that that will surprise, provoke and inspire our audiences. All of our performances are accompanied by lobby displays that contextualize the work and by facilitated discussions that provide opportunities for our feisty audiences to engage in civic dialogue on our season theme.
KoFest also offers unique 6-day workshops where adults, both local and national, can study techniques and approaches to making new work with master teachers. Other activities include internships, and rehearsal residencies where individual artists or ensembles can develop new work or reconsider older pieces in their repertoire.
- Summer Theatre Festival in it's 26th season of orignal theatre
- 5 weeks of original performance created by the artists who come to Ko
- 6-day workshops for adults on the Amherst College campus
- Local Advertising and Sponsorship Opporrtunities
- The Ko Festival: where the only certainty is surprise...
Performances are in the Holden Theater on the Amherst College campus off of S. Pleasant St. in Amherst, MA